The Positive Birth Book
Challenging negativity and fear of childbirth, and brimming with everything you need to know about labour, birth and the early weeks of parenting, The Positive Birth Book is the must-have guide for pregnant women. A widely acclaimed bestseller since it was first published, it has empowered hundreds of thousands of women worldwide to make informed, positive choices about their births.
Fully revised and updated, this new edition will help you work out what kind of birth you really want, and learn how to maximise your chances of getting it. The book’s trademark Visual Birth Plan icons can be downloaded for free to help you create a birth plan for every eventuality.
Written in Milli Hill’s trademark warm and witty style, discover vital information on everything from the truth about pain and what giving birth actually feels like, to your choices and rights in the birth room; from optimal cord clamping, to postnatal mental health; from the inside track on breastfeeding, to positive, gentle caesarean.
Whether you plan to have your baby in hospital, in a birth centre, at home or by elective caesarean, this essential, non-judgemental guide shows you how to raise your expectations and have the best possible birth experience.
New for this edition:
- How to plan for a positive birth in difficult times
- Reworked chapter on choosing where to have your baby
- What you need to know about exercise in pregnancy from Charlie Launder, author of Bumps and Burpees
- Top tips for breastfeeding from Amy Brown, author of The Positive Breastfeeding Book
- New section on your rights in pregnancy and birth by Bashi Hazard of the Human Rights in Childbirth International Lawyers Network
- Essential information about your pelvic floor, core and postnatal incontinence by Nikki Bergen, creator of the Belle Method, and Luce Brett, author of PSML
‘Completely changed my way of looking at giving birth’
Ella Mills, Deliciously Ella
‘Full to bursting with useful stuff – and so refreshing to read something positive about all types of birth.’
‘A much-needed, brilliant, reassuring, pioneering, kick-ass book that all women should read!’
Emma Jane Unsworth
Publisher: Pinter & Martin
Publication Date: 26 May 2022
Edition: Second edition paperback
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.